~ 15 Fitness Tips for 2015 ~ Jeremy Scott Fitness
If you are looking to make a change, or simply stay on the path to health success we suggest following these 15 quick tips to start off 2015 with a bang!
- Your training program and “diet” do not have an expiration date. Seek out something that can turn into your lifestyle and ultimately last forever if you want sustained success.
- Fat Loss & Weight loss is easy once you realize how hard it is. The three most important pieces in this order 1. Mindset 2. Nutrition 3. Training if you can truly focus your mind on your goals the rest will follow.
- Don’t buy your food from the same place you put gas in your car.
- The best time to start working out and eating right was yesterday; the next best option is today! Don’t wait until tomorrow or “Magic” Monday to start living a healthy life, Monday has no more magic power than any other day of the week.
- For the average “couch to athlete” your workouts on average should take no more than 30-40 minutes to finish. It’s about effort and intensity not duration. The longer and more drawn out your workout last, you run a greater risk of injury and negative hormonal side effects.
- Eat something green everyday. Simply throwing a handful of kale or spinach in your protein shake is an easy fix. If you don’t like veggies don’t worry you can’t taste it, it’s packed with antioxidants, micronutrients, and quality dietary fiber.
- Move around and be active daily, find something you truly love doing. Choose fitness activities that you enjoy, be it yoga, lifting, shooting hoops, zumba whatever will get you moving each day –find what that is and do it.
- You are the average of the 5 people who associate with the most. Your health and fitness lifestyle is no different; your inner circle strongly influences the choices you make. To healthy, fit and happy you must surround yourself with healthy happy and fit people!
- Don’t focus on the scale, the scale is just numbers and it can only measures the mass of you. It doesn’t differentiate between muscle and fat. Instead focus on how your clothes fit, how you look in the mirror and more important how you feel each day.
- Find an eating schedule and style that works for you. Be it intermittent fasting, IIFYM, carb cycling, or simply eating 3 healthy meals per day with a snack as needed. Set yourself up for success based on your work, training, travel and social schedule.
- Don’t keep junk food in your house. This way when the urge of craving hits you must make a pre-mediated choice to get in your car go out and make a bad choice, I find this cuts down on “cheats” throughout the week.
- We are what we repeatedly do. If you stretch, foam roll, use mobility drills you become more flexible and mobile. If you sprint and lift weight you are much more likely to become faster and stronger. The same goes for your eating – it’s what we do most of the time not some of the time that defines us.
- Change your “should” to “musts” – STOP saying things like “I should workout and I should eat right” it becomes “I must workout and I must eat right.” Think of working on the same lines as brushing your teeth it just becomes something you do everyday no matter how busy you get.
- Accountability is the key – be it a fitness community, group of friends, private coaching group having someone to answer to and help you stay on track is a recipe for success. Seek out these groups, communities, or friend who motivated, inspired and determined to reach their goals like you are.
- Enjoy the journey don’t just worry about the destination. The reality working out and eating right is a life long journey it never ends, so you must enjoy the day-to-day process, the highs/lows struggles and successes. See the positive in each day and know there is no “maintaining” you either progressing or regressing with each passing day!
More to come as we dive head first into 2015; if you enjoyed this subscribe to our newsletter below.
Until next time, eat well, train hard & be nice to people!
Jeremy Scott ~ Make Success Mandatory
To join our inner circle-coaching group click here!